Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Welcome to the Blue Grid Studio Blog!

The Blue Grid Studio Blog is an extension of bluegridstudio.com. Though historically my blogging efforts have been spotty at best, here I hope to develop a readership by not only posting the occasional interesting project or exercise, but also through becoming a resource for items relevant to the areas of design on which I am using BGS to focus: concept design and development, visualization, and themed design.

Blue Grid Studio is the next incarnation of my old freelance practice which started before I was even out of art school many years ago. Back then, I took on a wide variety of projects just to get the work and build a professional portfolio. That approach resulted in my work falling into more than half a dozen different categories, in some of which I had no real formal training or practical experience, making me a proverbial Jack of All Trades and Master of None.

I am still by no means a master of anything, but I have worked professionally in concept design and visualization for several years and maintain the passion that guided me back to college to re-tool for a more creative and enjoyable career.

I have been around the block a few times now, but I still love to design and discover new things in existing design. That is what I am looking to share here.

So, on behalf of Blue Grid Studio, I invite you to check in periodically and see what's going on in this particular world of design.

-DLA


No comments:

Post a Comment